Saturday 21 January 2012

My Interview With David Horne


How did you get into doing makeup?
Originally trained in Graphic Design for 3 years and then worked for Disney - Moved to Berlin in 1989 and decided whilst there I wanted to be a make up artist. Upon arrival back in the UK made my career debut at Kiss and make up Miss Selfridge managing a make up counter and then later was head hunted for MAC.

How did you get involved with Illamasqua?
 I loved the brand from launch but Alex Box the Illamasqua Creative Director phoned me and knew of my background in the industry and asked me to join the brand as Director product development and to launch the school.

How did you work your way up to becoming the director of product development and the makeup school?
 Worked in industry 22 years now as Make up Artist - mainly catwalk  - Miss Selfridge - MAC - London College Fashion - Jemma Kidd make up school - Illamasqua

What do you enjoy most about working for Illamasqua?
 The pace is intense - we have the saying at work 'scream if you want to go faster' and it is 100% precise to describe working for the brand. Its fast pace and dare to dare attitude has exploded onto the make up industry and creates waves wherever it impacts. It refuses to be everybody and this is a lifestyle I have always adopted.

Where do you see yourself in 5 years time?
 Exhausted at this rate for sure lol but still teaching all that i have learned to others - im an academic qualified teacher so this will always lead my direction. I love designing cosmetics and developing colour this aspect of my role is so inspirational. After being a make up artist for so long it is invaluable experience to understand fully the manufacturing process and this has been a steep learning curve for me but the challenge is something I always crave - bring it on is my motto for life! 

What are your ideas for Illamasqua in the future? (If you can give them away)
 sworn to secrecy

How do you see Illamasqua developing in the future? It will inspire and lead from the front by continuing to challenge the obvious

No comments:

Post a Comment