Saturday 21 January 2012

My Interview With Alex Phillips

-How did you get into make-up?
Like many people my love of makeup began with watching youtube tutorials! I loved watching all these people allover the world sharing their knowledge and love of makeup with one another. Pixiwoo and What Style is to Nickle were among my favourites, and along with discovering the work of Alex Box wonderful brands such as Illamasqua and MAC i knew this was something i wanted to do.

-Where did you study?
I studied at London MUSE (make up styling education) in Russle Square, London. I first herd of this school through the Pixiwoo makeup guru's on youtube, their good friend and world renowned MUA Nicci Jackson had opened this school and has since become one of my biggest inspirations. She inspired me to be brave and to be confident, and she taught me most of what i know to this day! There are no words to describe how highly i think of this woman and recommend this school.

-Where do you see yourself in 10 years time?
I'd love to think i had my own makeup brand, or was in a creative director position with an existing brand. I have so many passions within art I'd love to see my self being successful with something that brings my love of art, makeup, photography and fashion together.

-What do you want to achieve?
I set myself a goal at the beginning of the year to be working with Illamasqua by Christmas, and i did it!
Right now I'm just loving being with such a wonderful up and coming brand with so much potential to give. I want to continue networking, freelancing and gaining as much knowledge and confidence as possible!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment